Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

Drawing People to Christ


At a Children's  home sharing the love of Christ

I have been away for a while now. I was having exams and you all know how they pretty much occupy every inch of your mind. I can honestly say I saw the hand of the Lord. I got a lovely room (My exams were in a different town from where I stay), lovely roommates and the Lord led me to read in areas where the exams were coming from. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

On to todays topic. I will be sharing on a verse I read last night that challenged and encouraged me from Acts 15: 19. I have always wanted to draw people to Christ and was wondering how I can do this in my daily life. I want to be so full of God, so full of excitement for my Savior that everyone around me will want to have the God in me. In the book of Acts, James says that we should not make it hard for the Gentiles to become Christians.

I was asking myself, how do I make it hard for unbelivers to become Christians? I came up with a couple of things (to my dismay :-) )
  • Speaking negatively
  • Not being gentle and kind
  • Not being generous even when the bible says we give and it will come back
  • Not loving all of God's people even the ones who have wronged me.
  • Not being humble in speech and actions in my daily life
  • Not extending grace and mercy to those who wrong me or are unkind. Lord knows how much mercy he has extended to me.
  • When my actions and manner of life does not reflect the gospel of Christ
  • When I do not joyfully serve the Lord, my family, friends and workmates
  • Arguing to prove my point when the Lord clearly says we live in peace.
  • Worrying, worry and more worry and the Lord says, Do not be anxious.
  • Measuring myself with the standards of the world instead of the Lord.
  • Not speaking about my Lord to unbelievers.

The list goes on and on. We must every day strive to be like Christ. Daily dying to ourself and letting the will of the Lord prevail.

Jesus calls us to be salt of the world. He calls us to be his aroma. So that anyone who comes near us will smell the sweet scent and be drawn to Christ. Be encouraged with me to be an instruments of God's love and to go out and make disciples for Christ.


we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.
Acts 15:19

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I stumbled onto this page. Very encouraging to hear from you, that scripture is simple but very challenging. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aggie. And true, its such a simple scripture and yet us Christians forget so easily we need to be encouraged daily. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete