Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Dressing to Please my Parents and an Epiphany




I attended a wedding this weekend for my friend. The wedding was at my home town in Nakuru so that means I had to travel home. My parents were also attending the wedding. As I was packing on Thursday, I noticed, like every other time when I am going home, that I had to wade through many clothes until I find those that are 'Parents appropriate'. This time it really hit me!



I realized that the clothes I was looking for were 'more modest' than the other ones I was ruling out. Just to qualify, I don't usually dress immodestly but lets just say I have some 'grey area clothes' :-). You know, those that are a little tighter and a little shorter. Suddenly I had an epiphany moment, I don't really have to be doing this every time I am visiting home. God's word says that my parents are my authority here on earth and they prefer me in my more modest dressing. So actually, God has been speaking to me all along to maintain the 'parents friendly' bar of modesty in and out of season (read at my home town or otherwise).



I ended up dressing like this...well, minus the top (obviously) minus the hat (because it was hot). I had a more covered up top. So lets just say I had the skirt :-)

So here I am extending the same challenge to all of us.
To purpose to be modest in our dressing. Someone told me a very interesting quote.

"Dress like you would like other women to dress near your husband".

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety... 1st Tim 2:9

4 comments:

  1. Captivating read...very true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspire the women who dress like they are going to the bathroom yet they are going in the streets to meet the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well spoken Paul. No more dressing like you are going to the bathroom :-) Lol

    ReplyDelete